Are you a residential builder who’s hesitant about diving into the world of social media marketing?
Do you think it is too complicated, time-consuming, or irrelevant to the construction industry?
You're not alone. Many custom home builders have felt the same way.
Social media marketing is not only for fashion brands or food bloggers. It's a versatile tool that can benefit any industry, including residential construction.
If you're not using social media as part of your marketing strategy, you're missing out on a valuable opportunity to connect with clients, showcase your work, and position yourself as the builder of choice in your area.
Keep reading to learn how to start using social media as part of your marketing strategy.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
Social media has become an indispensable tool for residential construction companies.
Your ideal clients are active on Instagram and Facebook, looking for inspiration about their dream homes. They follow designers, architects, and builders as a way to 'window shop' before picking up the phone.
Wouldn't it make sense for you to put your best work in front of those people?
If you're still wondering if it's worth it, here are five benefits that will show you how important social media marketing is for custom home builders.
1. Increased Visibility: Social media platforms allow you to showcase your construction projects and services to a specific audience. Utilising Facebook ads, you can reach a highly targeted geographical area of prospects.
2. Engagement and Interaction: Social media allows you to engage with your audience directly. Respond to comments, answer questions, and build relationships with potential clients. This is an excellent way to build trust, which is the basis of any good builder-client relationship.
3. Showcasing Expertise: Use social media to establish your expertise in the industry. Share insights, tips, and educational content that demonstrates your knowledge and helps you establish yourself as an industry expert.
4. Brand Awareness: Consistent and strategic use of social media helps in building brand awareness.
Brand awareness is a marketing term that refers to how familiar your target customers are with your brand and how well they can recognise it.
To build brand awareness, showcase your company's values, mission, and unique selling proposition to help you distinguish yourself from competitors and become the builder of choice.
5. Monitoring The Industry: Social media platforms offer insights into your competitors' activities and strategies.
By keeping an eye on what others in the industry are doing, you can identify opportunities, stay ahead of trends, and adapt your approach to stand out.
Tips for Effective Social Media Marketing
Here's the catch... social media marketing is much more than posting a few iPhone photos of a new kitchen to Instagram.
You need to understand how your ideal clients interact on social media, the type of content they resonate with, and how you can position yourself on these platforms so it aligns with your vision as a business.
It might sound like a lot to take in, but here are some actionable steps to get started:
1. Choose the Right Platforms: Focus on platforms where your potential clients are active.
APB Tip: Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube are excellent choices for residential construction companies.
2. Consistency Matters: Maintain a consistent posting schedule to keep your audience engaged. Showing up regularly on social media will help you stay top-of-mind with your target audience.
3. Visual Content is Key: Use high-quality images and videos to showcase your custom home building projects. Visual content will help you captivate potential clients.
APB Tip: Avoid showing a work-in-progress house, and focus on the finished product. Prospects will get excited and inspired to build by seeing their dream home on your feed.
4. Utilise Hashtags: Incorporate relevant industry-specific hashtags in your posts to increase your reach.
APB Tip: Use hashtags related to the areas you service and the type of work you do to attract the right clients.
5. Engage with Your Audience: Respond to comments, messages, and enquiries quickly. Engaging with your audience promotes trust and interaction.
Bonus: 5 Ideas For Engaging Social Media Content
1. Project Showcases: Share before-and-after photos, videos, and stories of your completed projects.
Take a look at this example from Mileham group for some inspiration.
2. Educational Content: Create informative posts, articles, or videos that address common questions or challenges your potential customers face.
Check out this example from Versa Homes, where they talk about the 7-step building process to create a better builder-client experience.
3. Client Testimonials: Share testimonials and reviews from satisfied clients. Let your happy customers speak for your work.
4. Trend Spotting: Keep your audience informed about the latest trends and innovations in the residential construction industry. Share insights on sustainable building practices, smart home technology, and more.
5. Behind-the-scenes: This type of content is not about posting progress photos of your projects. This is your chance to humanise your business, and put a face behind the brand.
Take a look at this example from Smart Build South Coast where they share a post about the team working behind the scenes.
Social media marketing is not just a trend; it's a vital tool for success in the residential construction industry. It’s time for you to start connecting with your clients and grow your online presence.
Do you want to discover how to incorporate social media into your marketing strategy to attract quality leads and convert them into high-margin contracts? Click on the link below to sign up for our new webinar.